Wednesday, July 04, 2007

#12 Back to The Real World

Jim and Pam arrived back at his apartment at 8:30. It was dark and the rain had started again. The street light made the rain on the roads shine. Jim parked the car and was about to get out when he saw Pam still sitting in the seat, her seatbelt still fastened.

“Jim, I know I should have said something before we got here. But I wanted to enjoy the drive and not think about it.” She looked over at him sadly. “But we have to work in morning, my car is at the office parking lot and I should probably go home for the night.”

“Why?” Jim insisted softly, “Stay the night here.”

“And what about tomorrow night, Jim?” Pam asked and she looked at his face for a reaction. He stared at her and his large gray eyes grew poignant. He reached over and stroked her cheek softly.

“Stay tomorrow night too.” Jim whispered, “And the night after that…”

Jim saw Pam’s eyes glisten and she bent her head into Jim’s hand.

“Jim, I would like nothing better than to stay tonight and the next and the next.” Pam replied. “But, I have an apartment of my own. We just really started dating and I don’t want to go so quick that it stops being magic yet. I have to spend some nights in my own place.”

Jim felt a little rip on his heart. He had been with Pam and she had been all his for the last two days. This was the way things were meant to be. He put his head back on the seat head rest. They were quiet for a moment. Pam unbuckled her seat belt and climbed over onto Jim’s lap. It was a tight fit with the steering wheel. They were crushed together. She put her arms around his neck and placed her nose against his until their mouths were barely an inch apart.

“Jim, I love you.” Pam said gently, “I’m not going away from you. I’m only going to my apartment for the night. I just want to do this right Jim. I don’t want you to get tired of me too soon.”

“Oh Baby,” Jim said against her lips. The closeness of their bodies and the feel of her sitting on his lap felt so good. “I’m never going to get tired of you.” He kissed her deeply and with a force he had not shown before. Pam felt him harden under her. She rubbed up against him and he crushed her with his arms. His hand ran down her back and under the waist band of her pants. He caressed her skin. Pam ground her hips down on him. Jim stopped suddenly and just breathed her in.

“Pam, I’m going to take you to your car. Then I’m going to follow you home and make sure you get in safe.” Jim gave her small kisses along her cheek. “Then I will see you at work in the morning. “ He bent his head down and burrowed into her neck line. He found the swell of her breast and kissed.

Pam closed her eyes in sweet ecstasy. She let her head fall back and Jim pushed farther and found her nipple. He sucked lightly and Pam felt herself getting wet. She ground down farther onto Jim and they rocked slightly in the car. The windows of the car were starting to steam up.
Jim reached up and pulled Pam’s head back slightly with her own hair. The pressure of Jim tugging her head back and his lips on her breast was exquisite. Jim tasted Pam’s skin and smelled the perfume that lingered. He felt as if his pants were going to burst.

“Jim, I change my mind,” Pam gasped, “Take me inside now Jim!”

“No!” Jim said frustrated and he pulled back. He let go of Pam’s hair and she looked up and saw fire in his eyes. Jim hugged her close and gently caressed her back. “I understand why you need to go back to your place. This is just so difficult for me.”

He looked into her eyes and his own eyes softened. He gave her a small chaste kiss. They sat that way for a few more minutes and gathered their composure.

“If I could, right now Pam.” Jim said with a little choke in his voice. “I would buy a pair of tickets to Vegas, marry you, bring you back here and never spend another night away from you again.”

Pam felt a small tear fall down her cheek and she gave a little sob. Jim kissed the tear.

“But, your right.” Jim said quietly. “We have the rest of our lives. And, I want you to have your dream wedding one day. I want us to have our own place. Not just your apartment and mine. I also want you to enjoy having your own place for a little while longer. Because you were always living with someone and you finally have something of your very own. That was a big step for you, I know.”

Pam kissed him lightly. She gave him a tender smile and climbed off his lap. Jim reached over and gave her hand a small squeeze. She placed on her seat belt and Jim started up the car.

No comments: