Wednesday, July 04, 2007

#5 Michael's Housewarming Party Chaos

Friday afternoon found the office employees turning off their computers and grabbing their coats. Michael came out of his office and smiled.

“Guys I will see you all tonight. I hope you have your maps to my condo. Fun will be had by all.” He said cheerfully.

Michael Headshot: “Jan has been staying with me and she noticed that my condo lacks a few decorative touches and some kitchen items. She said that I should have a Housewarming Party. She said that people attend and bring housewarming gifts. I decided it was time to open the old homestead and throw down a hot and happening shindig. Everyone is attending, except Karen. She said she had a family thing. I made sure to tell them in the e-vite that my condo colors are teal and tan. Not really tan, but more a dark eggshell."

Jim picked up his coat and looked over at Pam who was gathering her purse. He gave her a sly smile and she looked wickedly at him through her lashes. He walked over and said quietly, “Are you sure you really want to attend this party at Michael’s. Can’t we just sneak off to a movie or putt putt. Anything would be better.”

“You know I got ordered to assist to Jan.” She smiled sweetly, “Besides, I bought a new dress and I need a reason to wear it.”

“What, putt putt doesn’t rate a fancy new dress.” Jim quipped. Pam reached over and turned off her computer.

“Oh, you know how I love an evening of elegant dress putt putt. But, I think will meet you at the party?” She said, “We can sneak off early and play.”

Jim rolled his eyes, “Okay, I think I can suffer through. Besides, I suspect that it will be unforgettable. What gift did you buy? I bought teal napkin rings and some tan napkins. I wanted to stay within the requisite color scheme.”

“I bought some candles.” Pam replied. She had also bought some nice lavender ones for her bedroom. She hoped she and Jim would use those candles soon.

Pam Headshot: “Yes, Jim and I are still not taking that road. It’s nice… He is insistent on getting to know me as a girlfriend, before we…you know. So we don’t spend much time at his or my place. Too much temptation in those places, according to Jim. We go bowling, go to restaurants, and see movies. Anything that is in public. Some women would probably find that romantic.” Pam looks down and frowns. “I’m finding it kind of frustrating.”

Jim Headshot: “I’ve been finding it very hard maintaining this distance from Pam. I mean, now I know she is mine and I just don’t want to mess it up. I’ve been taking a lot of cold showers. But this is gonna change soon. I have a surprise for her. For Valentine’s Weekend, I made reservations at this really nice Bed & Breakfast in Connecticut that I located on the Internet.” Jim looked down and smiled briefly, “I know, it’s kinda cheesy. But this is the kind of thing that I know she would love. I want to make this right. Special.”

Pam walked out and Jim followed out two minutes later. Michael came over to Dwight’s desk and placed a piece of paper. “Here is a list of the alcohol I need you to pick up for the party.” Dwight picked it up and scanned it.

“This is a lot of booze Michael. How am I going to pay for this?” Dwight asked.

Michael looked offended, “You said you would bring some alcohol for the party as a gift.”
“But Michael, this is 6 bottle of Vodka, a case of champagne, 5 six packs of Heineken, Gin…” Dwight read.

“Ok, here.” Michael pulled a $20 from his wallet, “Your such an Indian giver."

Dwight looked down ashamed, “Sorry Michael, I’ll be there early with the drinks.” Michael walked away and Dwight stood up. He walked over to Angela’s desk. She was locking her expensive calculator up, lest someone should steal it. Dwight scouted for any interlopers in Angela’s corner. The coast was clear.

“Monkey,” Dwight said sweetly, “Do you need a ride to the party?”

“Dwight, not here!” she said stiffly, “My brother is visiting and I’m taking him as my guest. I can’t just show up with someone I work with. Besides, I’m bringing my friend Carmen. She’s from church. I’m going to introduce her to Oscar.”

Dwight looked perplexed, “But Monkey, Oscar’s a homosexual?”

“Shhhh,” she hissed, she saw Oscar walking out of the break room and towards them. “He broke up with his “boyfriend” and wants to try dating a woman. I think he can cross-over.”

Dwight looked confused. Angela shooed him a way. He went to his desk and grabbed his coat. He looked at Oscar and wondered how he was going to speak to the dead and if John Edwards was going to be at the party.

Oscar came to his desk and looked over at Angela. He saw that she was holding her purse and was about to leave. She smiled up at him. “You are really going to like Carmen. She is a very nice woman.”

“Well, you know Angela,” Oscar started, “I’m not too sure about this. I’ve done a little reading and they say that realistically, it is hard to change one’s sexual persuasion.”

“Oh, don’t worry. She is very pretty and a good Christian.” Angela said. She thought for a second, “She does have a little hair growth on her upper lip. Maybe that will make the transition a Iittle easier?"

Oscar frowned and after grabbing his briefcase, headed towards the door. Angela walked behind him. She gave Dwight a tight smile and left.

Andy walked over to Dwight. He picked up the alcohol list. “Hey, I couldn’t help but overhear Dwight. I understand you need a little fundage to pay for the alcohol. Being that I haven’t got Michael’s housewarming present yet, shall I contribute financially to the Booze Bank?”

Dwight glared at him. He grabbed his briefcase and snatched the alcohol list from Andy’s fingers.

“Michael assigned that to me, not you! Get your own present!” He said curtly.

Andy raised his hands in surrender, “Okie dokie, I get it. So what fine lass will you be squiring to this revelry?”

“No one!” Dwight said defensively, “I am there tonight as Michael’s assistant. I need to be at his beck and call. Speaking of call? What Call girl did you hire to bring?”

Andy smiled, “The lovely Indian temptress, Miss Kelly, is going to be my date for this evening’s festivities.”

Dwight looked slightly shocked, “Well…well…I’m there for Michael.” The news of Andy taking Kelly unsettled him slightly. Though he was with Angela, he had used to harbor a slight crush on Kelly.

Andy gave a small leering smile and left the office. Dwight stayed at his desk until Andy was gone for five minutes and then locked up the Office.

Michael’s condo was decorated with teal streamers and balloons as only Michael would have it. Jan had wanted to go with a more sedate and elegant atmosphere. But Michael felt that a party had to look like a party. He didn’t want some snooty dinner/cocktail party like David from New York had. He had the karaoke machine warmed up. He had cleared away the living room and set up a disco ball and strobe light. There was a bar in the corner, complete with a tall skinny man working as bartender. Jan had arranged a large Spanish food buffet style meal on tables in the kitchen and dining room. They had rented plenty of chairs. Currently Michael was blasting songs from the 1980’s over the stereo.

Jim entered the room, REO Speedwagon blaring they were “gonna keep on loving you.” He took in the room and gave a small smile. He knew that, if anything, it would probably be a memorable night.

Jan came over and greeted him. She looked very pretty in a teal silk blouse and tan skirt. Jim realized that Michael must have dressed Jan to fit in with the “condo colors.” He kissed her on the cheek and handed her a gift bag. She led him to the bar area.

“Jim, I made some friends here at the condo board. I just joined and am running for President.” Jan said loudly to compensate for the loud music.”

Jim wondered to himself how Jan was running for President of the condo board if she was only staying with Michael over the summer. He realized that she must be living here permanently now. That would explain why Michael spends so much time at the office now.

“Anyway, I have a friend named Bianca.” Jan said, “She is single and since I know your single, I figured you both could hook up.”

Jim looked slightly distressed. This was not in his plan. Hadn’t Michael told her that Jim had been kissing Pam by the elevators the other day? Jim guessed that they didn’t communicate very much.

“It’s alright,” Jim said apologetically to Jan. “I had kind of planned to stag it tonight. Hang out with the office gang.”

Jan acted as if she didn’t hear him, or maybe she didn’t with the blare of the music. “When she gets here, I’ll introduce you.”

“I wish you wouldn’t.” Jim said, but Jan had already walked off. He looked around the room and saw Kevin near the Buffet table. He was eating a small quesadilla. The music near the kitchen was not so loud.

“Hey, Jim,” Kevin said, “Nice spread. He even sprung for a cheese platter.”

“Where’s your fiancĂ©?” Jim asked.

“She had a PTA meeting for her daughter’s school to attend.” Kevin said, “Some kind of Friday night fund raiser. Stale brownies and no beer. Not my kind of thing. Besides I was hoping to catch the game on TV tonight. Philly Flyers are playing the Tampa Bay Lightening tonight. Geez, can you believe a team from a tropical state that has no ice actually won the cup. It’s gonna be awesome!”

“You’re going to watch a Hockey game at a party?” Jim asked. He gestured to the TV set up in the dining room. “Where the TV is taken up with the karaoke machine?

“Gotta be another set in the house somewhere?” Kevin said, sour cream oozing out the side of his mouth.

Jim saw Phyllis arrive with Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration. She looked happy. They made a nice couple. Accompanying them was Angela with a tall blond man and a short big bosomed brunette. He walked over and said hello. Phyllis beamed and gave him a hug. Bob Vance shook his hand heartily. Angela smiled primly up at him and then made a comment about this abominable satanic music. Jim looked up and heard a few strands of “Devil went down to Georgia.”

“Jim, this is my brother, Brett.” Angela introduced. The man was well over 6 feet tall, only resembling Angela in coloring. The man shook his hand strongly and smiled a large smile of perfectly straight white teeth. The woman with them was introduced as Carmen, a friend of Angela’s from church. Carmen had a petite frame, but a very large bosom which spilled out of her stretchy top. Jim noticed that she had a little dark peach fuzz on her upper lip. He had thought most women got that waxed. Oh well, maybe she’s a Frida Kahlo fan.

Jim excused himself and looked for Michael. He was in the downstairs guest room preparing some costumes for a skit later in the evening. Kevin followed Jim into the room.

“Michael, Flyers are playing the Lightening tonight at 9:00pm. Do you have another TV anywhere? I have $100 dollars on it.” Kevin said quickly.

“Jeez, Kevin!” Michael said exasperatedly, “It’s a party!”

“My TV is on the fritz, and my fiancĂ©e’ is out for the night.” Kevin begged, “I don’t wanna go to a sports bar. The guys there are kinda bullies.”

Michael looked annoyed, but took in Kevin’s hang dog expression and caved. “Okay, there’s one in the upstairs bedroom. But not until after all the guests get here. I want it to seem crowded here.”

Kevin smiled and left. Jim complimented Michael on his array of feathered and plastic costume equipment.

“Gotta keep the troops entertained.” Michael smiled. He checked the microphone by tapping it, causing a loud reverb. Jim nodded and headed back to the party.

Jim sauntered into the kitchen and saw Meredith searching to lower cabinets. She was wearing a slinky black cocktail dress. Her make-up was already a little smudged and she was swaying slightly. Jim helped her stand and thought to himself to make sure to hide Meredith’s car keys.
“Jim, the drink glasses here are too small.” Meredith slurred, “You know where they keep the larger tumblers?”

Jim shrugged and pointed to the cabinets over the sink. Meredith searched and found a large hurricane glass. She smiled widely and swayed towards to door with her cache.

Near the entrance, Jim saw Jan speaking to a tall redheaded woman. Jan smiled widely when she caught sight of Jim and led the guest over to him.

“Jim, this is Bianca!” Jan said enthusiastically. “She lives in our condo division. She is a beta tester for video games. Bianca, this is Jim Halpert. He works with Michael’s company.”

Jim glanced at the lady. Had he not been in love with Pam, this would have been quite a pleasant introduction. Bianca was almost as tall as him. She had long, silky auburn hair and bright green eyes. She was wearing an aqua silk wrap around dress. The way her casual clothes hugged her body, he could see that she had curves in the right places. She barely wore any make-up, but her skin glowed.

“Hi,” she said brightly, “I’ve heard a little about you. So, how’s the paper business?”

“Oh, it beats brain surgery.” Jim quipped, “Beta testing sounds pretty awesome. Video games? How do you get in that business?” Jim asked, always interested in finding out about careers other than his own.

She laughed easily and leaned in, “I sort of fell into it from hanging around my older brothers and kicking their asses on the Xbox. Deep down inside, under this dress, I am a computer gaming geek. For me, its old concert shirts and worn out denims. But, one has to appear ladylike now and then.”

Jim smiled, enjoying her company. He knew that even though she had been his type in the past, he was still a one woman man. He was a Pam man, and had been for over 4 years. Creed had approached them and was about to grab a small taco when Jim introduced him to Bianca. Creed gave a small bow and kissed her hand. He glowed around the pretty woman. Jim smiled politely and pulled Creed into the conversation.

Pam arrived at the party. She was wearing a red dress in a form fitting and soft material. Her face was made up more than usual. She had on a pair of strappy red heels that showed off what appeared to be a great pair of legs. She looked around the room and saw Phyllis dancing with Bob Vance. Angela noticed her entrance and made a beeline towards her with a tall blond man in tow.

“Pam, this is my brother, Brett.” Angela said quickly, “He’s a photographer.”

Angela smiled and looked expectantly at Pam. She then introduced Brett to Pam. Pam looked up and saw a Nordic God. He was tall, blond and tanned. He had a perfect smile, all the way to the dimples in his cheek and the small cleft in his chin. He reached out this large, golden hand and shook her small one. Before she had a chance to speak, Angela excused them and dragged Pam to the bathroom.

“Pam,” Angela said quickly, “I know that you think I’m “not so nice a person” at times. But I just have my values. Anyway, Brett has always dated flashy girls like you, and since he was in town, I thought I would introduce him to you.”

“But…” Pam started to interrupt.

“No, Pam,” Angela said curtly, “You have had a rough year, what with Roy dumping you and Jim rejecting you. I just feel you should try to date someone with…more morals. A man with some dignity, who knows how to respect a woman. Brett is a true gentleman and doesn’t have loose morals like some men. Why, I have never known him to break one woman’s heart.”

“But…” Pam again tried to stop Angela.

“You don’t have to thank me now.” Angela said, holding Pam as an arm’s length. “We all can’t find Mr. Right. I am just so fortunate I found Dwight and I thank you for keeping that secret for me.”

Angela left the bathroom quickly. Pam looked in the bathroom mirror is horror. How was she going to get out of this situation? Jim was going to be at the party! She knew Jim was right. They should have just gone to play putt putt. She left the bathroom to look for Jim.

Angela introduced Carmen to Oscar. Oscar was polite as he was introduced. This is what Angela thought would be his taste? The woman was a Russ Meyer movie. Her breasts were heaving and threatened to bust out of her tight elastic shirt. She looked to Oscar like she belonged painted on the side of WWII air force fighter plane. He smiled weakly and made small talk. The only thing that he found attractive on this woman was the little black mustache she had. She seemed similarly repulsed. She had been expecting someone taller. Carmen would much rather have a shot at Angela’s brother.

Andy and Kelly arrived and the party started to get a little more boisterous. Andy pulled Kelly into a fast jitterbug being sung by the Stray Cats. Kelly giggled loudly and twirled in a pink ornate taffeta dress. Dwight and Angela watched disapprovingly from the bar. Angela grabbed a glass of some suspicious red punch that was sitting on the table. It tasted very sweet and she gulped it down. Being around sin caused such a thirst.

Kevin, seeing that everyone else was distracted made his way upstairs. He found Michael’s room and let himself in, locking the door behind him. The entire room reeked of High Karate cologne. It was completely decorated in green, teal and tan plaid. He was happy to see a 42 inch plasma screen on the wall. Reaching for the remote, he found 2 of them on the bedside table. He pushed some buttons, but was unable to operate the sophisticated system. He sat back on the bed and pushed buttons on the other remote. The screen came to light and he smiled and settled back to watch the game.

The TV screen lit up. It was not the game that filled the screen. Kevin looked and his mouth gaped open. “Oh, My God!” he said aloud to himself.

Pam saw Jim across the room. He was talking to a very attractive redheaded woman. The woman was reaching out and touching Jim’s arm while she explained something. Jim was laughing. Pam watched the scene for a few minutes.

Brett came over and asked her if she wanted a drink. Angry at the intimacy that the woman was showing to Jim, Pam let Brett lead her over to the bar. He got her a mixed drink and was surprised when she downed it quickly.

“Hey, slow down” Brett said quickly, “Don’t be alarmed. I can tell you don’t appreciate having me thrust upon you. My sister has done this before. She seems destined to spend her time with me trying to get me married off. You’re safe.”

Pam distracted by Jim, only caught part of Brett’s words. She looked up at him. He smiled down at her. “Oh,” Pam said quickly, “I’m sorry. It isn’t that you’re not attractive. You’re down right beautiful. For a guy, I mean. But I am kind of seeing someone…else.” She looked over at Jim again.

Jim, not having noticed her was still laughing at a joke Bianca had told. Creed not understanding the joke, but liking to look at the pretty lady moved closer to her and smelled her hair.
Brett followed her gaze. He saw a youngish guy laughing with the very attractive woman. Astutely, he surmised that this was “supposed” to be Pam’s boyfriend. He touched her arm. She looked up at him.

“Listen if you have any problems and need my help, let me know.” Brett said, “Rest assured, you are a very beautiful woman. But…not really my…type. But I’m always willing to help a damsel in distress.” He nodded towards Jim and Bianca. Pam turned away from Jim and grabbed another drink.

Jim was about to answer a question that Bianca had asked him when Kevin came up to him and tapped his shoulder.

“Jim, “Kevin said urgently, “Ya gotta come with me. Now!”

Jim turned to look at him and smiled, “What is it?” he inquired. Kevin was giggling and his face a red.

“I can’t say,” Kevin said in a loud whisper. He looked side to side deviously. “But, ya gotta come with me now!”

Jim, curious, excused himself and followed Kevin. Kevin grabbed Oscar away from Carmen’s dull attempt at conversation. Oscar welcomed the excuse to leave.

Bianca, wary of Creed’s leering stare excused herself to go to the bathroom. Creed watched her walk away appreciatively. He smiled to himself and wondered if there was anyone at the party with some Reefer around.

Across the room Pam took a giant swig of scotch and turned to look in Jim’s location. Jim was gone! The hot redhead was gone! Creed was standing there by himself, smelling Michael’s Ficus plant. Pam slammed the glass down on the bar and asked for a refill.

Jim and Oscar followed Kevin upstairs. He led them into Michael’s bedroom and locked the doors behind them.

“Jeez, looks like LL Bean threw up in here!” Jim exclaimed. “Kevin, if you just wanted to show us Michael’s lousy decorating taste, I remind you, the man colors everything in teal and tan.”
“No it’s this.” Kevin said. He giggled and turned the TV on with the remote.

The screen lit up and Jim’s eyes grew large. Jan’s image filled the screen. She was wearing a Catholic school outfit that looked like it was 4 sizes too small. She was sitting on the bed with another woman in the same costume. At the angle, you could only see the back of the other woman’s blonde head.

“So,” Jan said flirtingly, “Are you new to St. Agnes? I’m glad you let me show you around. I really like this uniform.” She reached out and touched the other woman’s uniform sweater.
The other woman shook her head. Jim, Kevin and Oscar smiled in delight at the view. “Wow, Jan’s getting some girl-on-girl action! Way to go!” Jim laughed and Kevin giggled. Oscar just stared in amazement.

“You know,” Jan said teasingly, “I have never kissed another girl before.”

The other woman shook her head again. Jan leaned in and kissed the woman. They twisted on the bed and the angle changed. They saw the face of the other woman. Jim, Kevin and Oscar leaped back and yelped in disgust and shock! The woman was actually Michael! His face was rouged and lipsticked.

“Oh My God!” Jim said, shaking his head in an attempt to get the image out of his head. “This has ruined that fantasy scenario forever for me!”

Kevin laughed so loud and hard that he was afraid he would wet his pants. Oscar looked totally sickened.

“Man!” Oscar blurted, “You straight guys are really repulsive. Where do you come up with this stuff? That does it! I am going to stay gay. Jesus!”

Jim grabbed the remote and forced it out of Kevin’s hand.

“Kevin, enough.” Jim said regretfully. ‘As much as this would amuse us to see, we have to give him a little dignity. Come on, Michael would be devastated! We have the joy of knowing, but we got to let it rest!” He turned off the television and placed the remote on the table. He made a mental note to tell Pam about this later. Kevin having forgotten the game followed Jim and Oscar out of the room.

When they reached the living room, the party was starting to really get lively. There were many more people. Many of which Jim did not even know. He wondered where Pam was. He knew that Michael invited his improv class and many in his condo board.

Pam, feeling a little dizzy from downing the alcohol so fast, placed her hand on Brett’s big strong arm and threw back her head in a loud, exaggerated laugh.

Jim heard her laugh and instantly looked for her. The room was dark. The mirrored ball and some candles were lighting the atmosphere. The strobe light was distracting. Jeez, Jim thought, what kind of of moron still uses a strobe light. This isn’t a junior high garage party!
Jim looked up and saw the second most surprising thing he had seen that night. Angela was standing on the bar and she was dancing. She had a cowboy hat on and had taken off her sweater. She had tied her shirt into a crop top. One foot was on Dwight’s shoulder and she was howling to “I wanna be a cowboy” by Boy’s Don’t Cry. Dwight appeared delighted and uncomfortable at the same time as he attempted to keep her from falling off the bar.

Jim located Pam across the room. She looked absolutely stunning. But, she was talking to Angela’s brother and she had her hand on his arm! The man reached over and pushed a lock of hair out of Pam’s eyes. Jim started to become angry. He walked towards them.
Halfway across the room, Bianca sidled up to him and placed her arm through his. She was a little tipsy and she swayed against him to the music. J. Geils Band started singing their homage to an angel who was a “Centerfold.” Dancing drunks were getting in Jim’s way. He searched again for Pam who had moved to the other area of the dance floor.

Pam leaned against Brett. She saw Jim on the dance floor with the redhead. She was bumping and grinding up against Jim. Pam pulled away and swayed towards the kitchen. Jim extracted himself from Bianca and followed.

“Pam!” Jim said loudly over the music. She turned to see him and glared in his direction. He was taken aback by her expression. Pam raced through the kitchen and out to the patio. It was a low lit area with several plants in containers and a wooden Adirondack chair.

“Pam!” Jim yelled, he reached her and took her arm. She swung around and glared at him. She was obviously a little drunk and very angry.

“What…did your redheaded hot stuff leave you alone?” Pam blurted.

“What are you talking about?” Jim asked impatiently. “And what in the hell were you doing wrapped around Angela’s brother?

Pam looked confused. “I wasn’t doing anything with Angela’s brother. He just got me a drink. Who was the redhead?”

“That was some woman from Michael’s condo that Jan had tried to fix me up with. Remember, no one in the office exactly knows that we’re dating?” Jim said quickly, “I didn’t encourage her and I was about to tell her I had a girlfriend!”

Pam looked in Jim’s eyes. The alcohol was lowering her inhibitions and she said sadly, “Jim, how come you are ashamed of me? How come you don’t want to make love to me?”
Jim could see that Pam was inebriated. He cocked his head and looked at her, “Is that what you really think?”

Pam saw the amusement in his eyes and she felt another burst of anger. She pushed past him and went towards the door. Jim watched her walk away exasperated and wondering how he would fix this situation.

“You don’t want anyone to know about us! It’s like you’re ashamed of being with me romantically.” She said as she ran inside. Her gait was not too shaky and her words were clear.

They stung Jim’s heart as he realized that Pam really thought this. So much was going wrong!
He went back into the house. The music had changed and now a slow tempo was playing. Angela and Dwight were in a tight clinch on the dance floor. His entire head was resting on her blond hair. Both of their eyes were closed as they cuddled in. The only one sober enough to find this intriguing was Kevin who stood on the side giggling. The whole room was filled with couples swaying to the last chords of “Babe” by Styx, playing overhead. Jim saw Pam standing on the other side of the room. The mirrored ball cast little lights on her and she stood looking lost and alone. Her hands were clasped in front of her and she looked down.

The song switched to “Crazy for You” by Madonna. Jim stood there for a few moments and just watched her. He looked at her silky hair that she had worn down for him. Her dress clung to her curves and her slender legs looked lovely. She looked up and their eyes met. He could still feel the electricity. Jim walked instinctively towards Pam. The music overhead was very overpowering. He moved slowly past Phyllis and Bob Vance, who smiled up at one another. He passed Jan and Michael, who, arm in arm were watching the dancers. Michael was so pleased that he finally had a successful party. Stanley and his wife danced close, his wife’s head on his shoulder. Andy was crushed up to a very drunk and gleeful Kelly.

Jim didn’t see anyone else in the room except Pam. She stood there woefully gazing at him. He cleared a path to her. She was standing near the center of the dance floor and Jim walked up to her. He looked deep in her eyes. She gazed up at him, a yearning expression on her face. He took her face in his hands and caressed her cheek. Jim mouthed the words, “I love you Pam.” Then he drew her to him and kissed her deeply. Pam’s arms circled around Jim’s neck. Everyone around watched with amazement as Jim and Pam finally came together.

The night ended nicely for everyone. Michael impressed everyone with some magic tricks he had practiced for days. He and Jan had received a boat load of housewarming presents, all in the colors of teal and tan.

Angela was so drunk that the evening’s mayhem would officially be erased from her head the next morning. Dwight threw her over his shoulder caveman-style and carried her to his car. Meredith passed out in the laundry room tangled up with the bartender that Jan had hired. Carmen found herself in the arms of an odd, yet compelling man who called himself Creed. Kevin won his hockey bet. Oscar left early in the evening with a tall, blond golden God named Brett.

Jim walked Pam to his car. She leaned against him and he kissed the top of her head. He took her keys and placed them in her purse. He had the wonderful Valentine’s trip to surprise her with in the morning at breakfast. But for now, he was going to drive her home, snuggle up in bed and sleep next to the woman he loved.

No comments: